Re: Correct dependency for package needing Java 6?

Le 27/01/2015 18:02, Jan Niehusmann a écrit :

> As far as I can tell, it's not really java 6 code, but only some
> @Override annotations on methods implementing interfaces - which is OK
> with java 6 but forbidden with java 5. So I _guess_ the byte code would
> be compatible with java 5. Didn't verify that, though.

In this case you can try to patch the code and remove the annotations.
If no Java 6 API is used it's likely to work.

> Java Policy states: "There may be situations, such as with very small
> packages, where it is better to bundle the Java code and the native code
> together into a single package. Such packages should be
> architecture-specific and follow the usual libXXX[version]-java naming
> convention."

You can do it, but the best practice is to have separate packages.

> Any help is appreciated, so if co-maintainership is the best way to go,
> I wouldn't mind.

It's up to you, you just have to join the pkg-java group on alioth [1]
and create a Git repository under /srv/git.debian.org/git/pkg-java
(there is a setup-repository script in this directory that can be used
to create the repository and setup the hooks properly).

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-java