Re: Correct dependency for package needing Java 6?

Le 27/01/2015 17:11, Jan Niehusmann a écrit :

> Yes, that would prevent failing builds, as well. But it will also exclude
> gcj architectures, as on these, this dependency is not available.

Indeed, but gcj doesn't run Java 6 code, so that's normal.

> In fact, that's the current state:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=jzmq
>
> So it has the same effect as Thorsten's suggestion. (With the added
> benefit that the package will automatically become buildable when an
> architecture gets updated to a more recent default-jdk.)

I got a quick look at the package, libzmq-java should be 'Architecture:
all' and depend on a 'Architecture: any' libzmq-jni package. Also the
Maven artifacts are missing in /usr/share/maven-repo.

Would you want to co-maintain the package with the Java team? We can
help you with these details.

Emmanuel Bourg