Re: Hello friendly Java people

On 07/22/2014 10:17 PM, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:

> Thanks Tony.  I've created an account and made a request to join the group.
>
> [snip]
>
> OK.  The carrotsearch-hpcc, compress-lzf, hyperic-sigar and spatial4j
> source packages look ready to go and are in the NEW queue.  There's a
> build problem with carrotsearch-randomizedtesting and this is a build
> dependency for lucene4 and so a blocker for elasticsearch.  Is it just a
> matter of waiting until the Ftp Team gets around to approving or rejecting
> the package?

Hi Tim,

Essentially, yes, we need to wait for the FTP team to complete their
review.  However, we may be able to help matters along by addressing
anything that could cause rejection by the FTP team.  One thing that
might be useful is to double-check license information documented in
debian/copyright and clarify anything that's nebulous, as this is
frequently grounds for rejection.

Also, you mention a build problem with carrotsearch-randomizedtesting.
I'm assuming Hilko is aware of it.  Should we upload an updated package
to the NEW queue?

Cheers,
tony