Re: Hello friendly Java people

On 07/21/2014 04:15 PM, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I’d just like to introduce myself and say hi.  I’m a Linux systems programmer interested in helping out with Java packaging, in particular Hilko’s work on Elasticsearch and its various dependencies.  I also have an interested in software build systems and automation, which will no doubt be engaged by working on Debian packaging.
>
> I’m not a big Java programmer and really only know enough to be dangerous (-: but I have filed a few Debian bugs and created some Debian packaging for some internal software for HP.

Hi Tim,

The team welcomes new contributors.  If you don't have one already,
create an Alioth account [1] and then request to join the pkg-java group
[2,3].

There are plenty of bug to look at in team-maintained packages [4].  You
can use the list for request for sponsor (RFS) requests.

Wecome!
tony

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/JavaPackaging
[2] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-java/