Re: RFS: openjdk-8/8u5-b13-1 (NEW)

Am 11.07.2014 22:47, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Le 11/07/2014 20:09, Matthias Klose a écrit :
>
>> To be clear, there was nothing restarted.  It is done the way I recommended
>> Emmanuel before he did start, and which he did ignore.
>
> Matthias again I don't understand what you are referring to. You
> recommended to start from the openjdk-7 package and not from scratch and
> that's exactly what I've done. You can check it from the change history:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/openjdk-8.git;a=shortlog;pg=1

Even before you did start, I was telling you on irc that I'll keep the openjdk-8
package as one package, and not splitting it up into different source packages
depending on the hotspot version specific for that architecture. You did
continue your own way. The hotspot for ppc64 and ppc64el is now integrated in
8u20, that's the reason you don't see a separate hotspot for these architectures.

Asking "please give my VCS write access so that I can commit my remaining
changes" is not going to work for me, giving the history of this packaging and
the current situation with ecj.

> It contains all your openjdk-7 commits up to 2014-03-05, and I even
> tracked and merged the changes you made later like the GCC 4.9 switch.

I did walk though the committ diffs and applied relevant patches. If I did miss
any patches, please submit these as bug reports (preferred) or send these as email.

Please don't send any patches which drop the build support for squeeze or
wheezy, or any Ubuntu LTS. Please don't drop disabled build support which isn't
yet re-enabled for openjdk-8. Please don't drop the icedtea-sound tarball, which
makes backporting this package to earlier releases just easier.

There is still a lot of work to do,

 - build tzdata using openjdk-8

 - update the ARM assembler interpreter to work with 8 (maybe
   something you don't want to start).

 - get the remaining linux zero ports working (and tested). Note
   that your sponsors are able to get you access to Debian porter
   machines. See https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/
   It may be easier to default to zero on amd64, and start testing
   there.

 - look at the jtreg test results, decide which tests need fixes,
   which can be ignored (and added to the exclude list). The info
   for the failing tests is found in the -jdk package.

 - get the kfreebsd patches updated (Steven Chamberlain is currently
   working on this).

 - once kfreebsd is working, keep hotspot and jdk tarballs for
   kfreebsd, so that further updates won't break things without
   updating the patches. submit the kfreebsd patches upstream.

Thanks, Matthias