Re: Q: target version (1.4, 1.5 or 1.6) for java-bytecode-format backward compatibility

Hi,

On 16/02/14 19:27, tony mancill wrote:
Thanks for the reference - we should use that to inform our decisions
about target levels (which should probably be prescribed by Java policy)
and choice of default-jdk.
This morning I was trying to get a hand on my submitted bugs and found back [1] which is definitely going in the same direction. It doesn't need to be the lowest possible version, but it should be described in the policy in order to guarantee consistency across libraries and applications.

Cheers, Eric

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/325742 (close it if you update the policy!)

--
I'm subscribed on debian-java, debian-mentors, pkg-java-maintainers and pkg-vdr-dvb-devel.
No need to CC me on these lists.