Package with reference to proprietary libs

Hey all debian java devs

I am new to the whole packaging thing in debian (read the docs but no experience yet) and I have a question for java packaging:
When I want to package a java application which has a reference to a proprietary library (jar and native lib with JNI), is it possible to upload it to the official debian repos? I know it would have to go to contrib (the application if self uses MPL), but in the docs I read that i *have to* remove all third-party libraries from the orig tarball and the references to other libraries must be declared as dependencies. The library the application uses is kakadu (http://kakadusoftware.com) and it is not in the debian repos, not even in the non-free. So how would I get the required native library and jar to the end users system?

Thanks in advance.
Sam