Re: how to package Maven-based projects with modules and inter-module dependencies

* Emmanuel Bourg:

> Le 15/10/2014 01:02, Hilko Bengen a écrit :
>
>> What can I do to fix this?
>
> Multi modules projects are often tricky. My strategy is to start with
> the core module only and ignore the others.

After a somewhat fresh look, I noticed that the core module
(mustache.compiler) is a bundle. After changing that, I can build the
jar of a dependant module (mustache.codegen) -- but not its
documentation.

mh_make had asked me questions about bundles such as:

> com.github.spullara.mustache.java:compiler is a bundle. Inform mh_make
> that dependencies of type jar which may match this library should be
> transformed into bundles automatically?

I don't really understand the question. Experimentation shows that
answering "yes" adds a line

> com.github.spullara.mustache.java compiler s/jar/bundle/ s/.*/debian/ * *

to debian/maven.publishedRules, but I don't really understand what that
means either. In any case, replacing the "bundle" with "jar" helped.

Can you explain to me why this works? All of this still appears like
black magic to me...

Cheers,
-Hilko