RE: New user - new software

> You should remove them and build depend on the corresponding packages.
> For example remove lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar and add a
> dependency on libcommons-collections3-java.

From what I understand, I should remove the jar files and add a dependency package, that is, the library must exist in debian repositories. When compiling the package, if the library is not present on the system, the User must install it via apt-get. Is that right?

However, when the library I use does not exist in debian repositories? what to do? I could not put the source code of the library and compile it? from what I saw in UpstreamGuide I can not do that. I am sure?

Then I should try to send the library for debian? I must ask permission to the library creator? or would it be easier to try to find a compatible library and adapt my system to it?