Re: How to start if upstream source contains pom.xml

Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2014, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > Reason: POM 'org.richfaces:richfaces-bom' not found in repository: System is offline.
> >
> >   org.richfaces:richfaces-bom:pom:debian
>
> I think you reached the point of yak-shaving: where you
> have to package this dependency for Debian first, before
> you can continue with what you really wanted to do.

Bit of a chicken-and-egg situation here (I was bitten with this trying
to sort out the Shibboleth IdP), and I think maven makes it worse,
because java upstreams assume everyone just uses maven to download all
the build-dependencies willy-nilly, so don't care about trying to only
use widely-deployed libraries.

> Until you forget what you wanted to do in the first place.

Mmm, yes, I packaged all the dependencies, but the IdP itself is still
on the TODO list :-/

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."