Re: How to start if upstream source contains pom.xml

Le 17/07/2014 06:25, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> What would be the correct answer at this point of the process.

The right answer here is: s/.*/debian/
But mh_make shouldn't ask as there is not ambiguity here, I'll see if I
can improve that. If you install the libcommons-fileupload-java package
before running mh_make the dependency will be matched automatically.

> How do I get this "not yet packaged dependency list"?

If you look into the pom.xml file you'll see the list of dependencies.
Then you can use 'apt-file find' with the artifactId and see if a
package contains the dependency expected.

For example the pom declares this dependency:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>
      <artifactId>apache-jena-libs</artifactId>
      <type>pom</type>
      <version>2.11.0</version>
    </dependency>

You look for the dependency with:

    apt-file find apache-jena-libs

No result is returned, this is a missing dependency.

> Just some backround information:  I'll hold a packaging workshop at
> 21.+22.7. and the participants have choosen this package as their final
> target.  So I could do some demonstration perhaps on the preconditions.

Considering the amount of missing dependencies you may start with imeji
and then pick an easy to package dependency. But you won't be able to
package everything in only one session. Looking at the list sanselan is
a good candidate (simple structure, all dependencies in Debian).

Alternatively, if you just want to create a .deb package but not
distribute is through the Debian archive, using jdeb would be an easier
alternative:

https://github.com/tcurdt/jdeb

Emmanuel Bourg