Re: plan to update libcomplete-clojure to 0.2.3

On 07/17/2014 02:42 AM, Stephen Nelson wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org
> <mailto:tmancill@debian.org>> wrote:
>

>     I think it would be fine to merge the teams if that suits the Clojure
>     maintainers.  There was discussion of doing the same for Debian Scala
>     Maintainers, although it hasn't happened yet (I think mostly because
>     there hasn't been another upload of scala).
>
>     Cheers,
>     tony
>

> Hi Tony
>
> I see that the Scala package has recently been orphaned [0]. Possibly
> now is the time to merge? I'd certainly like to help in getting an
> up-to-date version of Scala into Debian before the freeze.
>

> [0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=754935
>
> Cheers
>
> Stephen

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for the pointer (and I just saw it in the WNPP email).

I agree that we should pull scala in into pkg-java for Java Team
maintenance.

I'm adding Dave Beckett to the cc:, as he had put together packages for
2.10.3 and 2.10.4 back in April, and may have interest in the this
effort.  Medhi had raised concerns about those packages needing network
connectivity - I think maven was pulling in some new dependencies -  so,
step 1 is to figure out how many missing dependencies there are.  (If
2.11 has many more new dependencies than 2.10, then maybe we aim for 2.10.)

Cheers,
tony