Re: Merging maven-repo-helper and maven-debian-helper

Le 30/06/2014 17:41, James Page a écrit :

> So to avoid a) having to maintain forks for mdh and mrh in Ubuntu or
> b) having to try to persuade the Ubuntu security team to review the
> 100's of packages that putting Maven into main would mean I'm a -1 on
> this proposal.

Thank you for the feedback James, I'll keep the packages separated then.

This isn't the first time the lack of Maven in Ubuntu main impacts our
choices. I understand the perspective of supporting the security updates
of 100+ dependencies isn't very exciting, but on the other hand I don't
think the Maven dependencies are affected by many vulnerabilities
anyway. Who in the Ubuntu security team would we have to convince to get
Maven in main?

Emmanuel Bourg