Re: Trouble with Debian versioning for JAR/POM when upgrading jackson-core

On 06/24/2014 05:04 AM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2014, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>
>> working, but I fail to figure out why. The ./target/pom.properties
>> file contains, after build, “debianVersion=debian”,
>> but I cannot figure out where t̲h̲a̲t̲ comes from.
>
> When I rebuild the jackson-core_2.2.2-1 source package in sid,
> both target/pom.properties and target/pom.debian.properties
> correctly contain “debianVersion=2.x”, so it must have been
> caused by a change in the package… except, I almost did none.
>
> Where are these *.properties files generated?

Hi Thorsten,

I think the difference lies with differences in the versions of
maven-debian-helper and maven-repo-helper used, although I can't point
you towards the exact change - perhaps the changelog entry for 1.6.6:

>   * The version rule selected by default is now the symbolic 'debian' version

I think mh_cleanpom (maven-repo-helper package) creates those
.properties files.  See its manpage,

Cheers,
tony