Re: SVN to Git migration script for pkg-java

On 06/05/2014 03:36 AM, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jun 2014 11:16:59 +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>
>>> One more thing. I think it would also be great if the script
>>> downloaded the upstream source with get-orig-source, extracted and
>>> committed it as well.
>> Yes that's a good idea. Either call get-orig-source or download the
>> latest upstream tarball from the Debian FTP.
>
> IIRC, for pkg-perl we've done something like download all versions of
> a source package from snapshot.d.o (with debsnap) and added the
> .orig.tar.gz's with pristine-tar. Or something similar :)

"git-import-dscs --debsnap $package" will do it all in one step, except
that it won't always get all of the commit author information correct.
I wonder if it could be extended just a bit with the work Emmanuel has
done to preserve committer info.

Cheers,
tony