Re: Moving some Java packages from Debian Med to Debian Java

On 04/18/2014 04:11 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> [Please CC me - I'm not subscribed]
>
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 08:48:41AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> needed.  While this is beeing clarified we could probably do the
>> move to Debian Java.  The package is maintained currently here:
>>
>>   Vcs-Svn: svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/tcode/trunk/
>>   (ITP: #743859)
>
> I moved the package to
>
>    Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/tcode.git
>
>> I also seem to have a technical problem since while I took the
>> last remaining lintian issue
>>
>> W: tcode: incompatible-java-bytecode-format Java7 version (Class format: 51)
>
> Hmmm, despite the hint of Emmanuel this
>
>   export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/default-java
>
> does not seem to help.  Sylvestre had another hint[1] to make sure that
> javac gets this argument "-target 1.6" (version 50) but I have no idea how
> to do this properly.
>
> Any more detailed hint?

Hi Andreas,

What's great about Java is that there are k-different build systems,
each supporting n-different, often overlapping methods of
parameterization, all of them partially documented... :)

In this case, tcode builds with ant, and so you can just drop the
parameters you want into a properties file (I choose
debian/ant.properties) and then tell ant to use this property file
during the build.  I pushed a commit with this change, feel free to
revert or tweak as you see fit.  This resolved the lintian warning for me.

Cheers,
tony