Moving some Java packages from Debian Med to Debian Java

[Please CC me - I'm not subscribed]

Hi,

recently there was some discussion about Java packages maintained by
Debian Med team as preconditions for some medical / biological
applications.  It seems to be reasonable to move them to the Java
team to better cope with global changes to enable easear transitions
to new versions.

I have another candidate (as starting point - probably more to come)
which is not yet in Debian since some license clarifications are
needed.  While this is beeing clarified we could probably do the
move to Debian Java.  The package is maintained currently here:

  Vcs-Svn: svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/tcode/trunk/
  (ITP: #743859)

While it is currently in SVN I have no problem to move it to Git.

I also seem to have a technical problem since while I took the
last remaining lintian issue

W: tcode: incompatible-java-bytecode-format Java7 version (Class format: 51)

just for a warning I have recently seen that this is considered an
RC bug.  My questions are:

  1. Should I move the package to Debian Java and if yes, are
     ACLs set that any DD can commit to Debian Java or do I need
     to become a member of the team?  Should I commit to Git or
     SVN.

  2. How to fix this Class format issue?

Kind regards

        Andreas.