Re: For those who care about ElasticSearch: build dependencies, RFH

* Sylvestre Ledru:

> Just to make sure I understand, you did the proof of concept but you
> are not planning to go forward.

I see most of the listed packages as means to an end: a working ES
package that can be built from sources without having to deal with the
Maven-specific assumptions that are simply broken from Debian's point of
view.

As stated, I am no Java developer and don't really understand Maven and
Debian's tools to deal with Maven well enough to fix problems --
therefore I don't really see myself as competent in maintaining those
packages.

> You are looking for people to complete the work ?

Pretty much. I am looking for people to take over maintainership of the
packages that ElasticSearch depends upon.

Now, I could have just put a line like

    Maintainer: Debian Java maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>

into the debian/control files and could have just uploaded the packages
after posting quick ITPs with a plan to immediately forget about the
packages, but that's what I'd consider antisocial behavior.

Cheers,
-Hilko