Re: jarwrapper dependency

On Mon Jul 15 10:15, Eugene Zhukov wrote:
> > Does this work:
> >
> > $ /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar
> Yes, it does. Like I said
> java -jar /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar
> works just fine.

No, I meant calling it directly (see below)

> > when you say "it's displayed in red", do you mean the target of the link, or the link itself. My bash shows a good link to a jar to be cyan for the link and red for the jar, but a bad link red for both.
> In my case it is cyan for the link and red for the jar too. However if
> I install a working package from Sid then it is cyan for the link and
> green for the jar.
> >
> > is /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar executable? That's the best explanation I have for this behaviour.
> It is executable only via java -jar. If I just run
> /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar it's "Permission denied". However with
> older epubcheck package from Sid the jar in /usr/share/java is
> displayed in green!
> That's the whole reason for the problem. How to grant execute
> permission to jar when it is installed to /usr/share/java? It has to
> be green in order for the link to work.

Yes, it must have execute permissions, which I think I mentioned some time ago. Try "chmod +x /usr/share/java/epubcheck.jar", does everything work now?

You must set it during package build to be executable. You can do this by hand, or by calling jh_exec after creating all the symlinks et al.

Matt