Re: jarwrapper dependency

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> wrote:

>> > So.. what's not working? jarwrapper is installed when you install the package?
>> Yes
>> > The symlink to the jar is on your path?
>> Yes
>> > The jar runs with java -jar?
>> Yes
>> > But '/path/to/jar' doesn't work? just 'linkname' doesn't work?
>> Yes
>
> You mean neither of them work? It what way don't they work? What error do you
> get?

I can see (red) link created under /usr/bin to my jar, like this:
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root         27 Jul  8 08:55 epubcheck ->
../share/java/epubcheck.jar
Running epubcheck just gives:
-bash: /usr/bin/epubcheck: Permission denied
running sudo epubcheck gives:
sudo: epubcheck: command not found

>> > Does /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/jarwrapper exist? What's in it?
>> Yes, contents:
> <...>
>
> This seems fine
>
>> > What does update-binfmts --display show you?
> <...>
>
> This also seems fine.
>
> What return code does jardetector your.jar give you?
Gives nothing.
> What does jarwrapper your.jar do?
Same as if I would write 'java -jar' instead of jarwrapper.