Re: RFS: mockito 1.9.5+ds-1 [ITA]

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:10:32 +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:

> >> I am looking for a sponsor for my package mockito which i intend to
> >> adopt. It builds also fine with its reverse dependencies.
> > Uploaded, from/to the pkg-java git repo.
> Thank you very much for the quick upload and your review!

You're welcome!

> > - In my experience the git tag is set by the person / at the time of
> >   the upload to make sure it matches what's in the archive
> >   (and to avoid git troubles).
> Sounds good to me. I have been in the lucky position that my previous
> sponsors let me tag new releases as soon as we both had agreed about the
> final state of the package. I think both ways are fine but i haven't
> experienced any git troubles so far.

If you or I would have changed something after the tag we would have
needed to delete it and re-create it and then overone who has already
pulled is unhappy -- at least that's my maybe wrong understanding :)

> > - debhelper (>= 7.0.50~):
> >   I'd go for >= 8, since even oldstable has 8 (and compat level 8 in
> >   d/compat)
> >   [7.0.50 was the first one to introduce support for "dh $@ --with
> >   FOO]
> Ok, normally i would even go for debhelper 9 as i did for all other
> packages except mediathekview. It appears to me that java packages don't
> benefit as much from the latest debhelper version as c or c++ packages
> and some people have claimed on mentors that a lower compat level is
> then more beneficial for backports. I have no problems to bump the
> compat level to 9 with the next upload.

Ack, I usually also stick to 8 for (perl or java) arch:all packages
to keep them backportable and because there's no real improvement.
Just 7.0.50 seemed a bit outdated :)

> > - Removing the Forwarded: header from the patches is not a good idea
> >   IMO; because the next one looking at the patches doesn't know if
> >   they are forwarded upstream or not. And bonus points for actually
> >   forwarding them :) (or marking them as "Forwarded: not-needed" if
> >   they are Debian-specific).
> Agreed. I blame it on git-buildpackage (because it can't fight back)
> because it automatically removes descriptions and optional DEP-3 headers
> and you need to be very careful to preserve old patch descriptions if
> you simply run "gbp-pq import".

Ah, gbp-pq. I see.

> Otherwise i believe the Debian patches
> are not upstreamable but i will add "Forwarded: not-needed" again.

Ok, thanks.

> >   Also the Subjects were nicer in dapal's original version of the
> >   patches. (Slightly ...)
> Git-buildpackage again. Subject and patch name have to be identical if
> you use gbp-pq import / gbp-pq export but David's patch subject and
> patch name differed in the past. I will add a short description to
> compensate for that.

Thanks!

> > - You might also want to add
> >   echo "compression = xz" > debian/source/options
> Ok, but we need xz compression as default...now. :)

Indeed :)

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Willi Resetarits & Stubnblues: De Dornen bleibm