Re: RFS: mockito 1.9.5+ds-1 [ITA]

On 18.06.2013 21:41, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:52:29 +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package mockito which i intend to
>> adopt. It builds also fine with its reverse dependencies.
>
> Uploaded, from/to the pkg-java git repo.

Thank you very much for the quick upload and your review!

> Some minor remarks:
> - In my experience the git tag is set by the person / at the time of
>   the upload to make sure it matches what's in the archive
>   (and to avoid git troubles).

Sounds good to me. I have been in the lucky position that my previous
sponsors let me tag new releases as soon as we both had agreed about the
final state of the package. I think both ways are fine but i haven't
experienced any git troubles so far.

>   No problem here since I've uploaded it as-is.
> - debhelper (>= 7.0.50~):
>   I'd go for >= 8, since even oldstable has 8 (and compat level 8 in
>   d/compat)
>   [7.0.50 was the first one to introduce support for "dh $@ --with
>   FOO]

Ok, normally i would even go for debhelper 9 as i did for all other
packages except mediathekview. It appears to me that java packages don't
benefit as much from the latest debhelper version as c or c++ packages
and some people have claimed on mentors that a lower compat level is
then more beneficial for backports. I have no problems to bump the
compat level to 9 with the next upload.

> - Removing the Forwarded: header from the patches is not a good idea
>   IMO; because the next one looking at the patches doesn't know if
>   they are forwarded upstream or not. And bonus points for actually
>   forwarding them :) (or marking them as "Forwarded: not-needed" if
>   they are Debian-specific).

Agreed. I blame it on git-buildpackage (because it can't fight back)
because it automatically removes descriptions and optional DEP-3 headers
and you need to be very careful to preserve old patch descriptions if
you simply run "gbp-pq import". Otherwise i believe the Debian patches
are not upstreamable but i will add "Forwarded: not-needed" again.

>   Also the Subjects were nicer in dapal's original version of the
>   patches. (Slightly ...)

Git-buildpackage again. Subject and patch name have to be identical if
you use gbp-pq import / gbp-pq export but David's patch subject and
patch name differed in the past. I will add a short description to
compensate for that.

> - d/rules: instead of "rm -f $(CURDIR)/mockito-core.jar" you could
>   echo mockito-core.jar > debian/clean
>   and remove the override_dh_auto_clean (matter of taste)
> - You might also want to add
>   echo "compression = xz" > debian/source/options

Ok, but we need xz compression as default...now. :)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Markus