Re: GlassFish 3.x

"Markus Karg" <karg@quipsy.de> writes:

> Okay I see, so I *do not* need to start from scratch, but can (simply
> spoken) replace the content taken from upstream in the GF-2.x packages,
> change the number to GF-3.x and it should (more or less) be done?

More or less, not all of my posting applies to upgrading packages
(it's easier than writing new ones).

Still, you _might_ need to learn 'quilt' to add/change patches, update
debian/watch, update the dependencies, build with svn-buildpackage (or
convert to git and use git-buildpackage), update the copyright,
convert to new Standards-Version etc.

This is not too much to read and covers many useful things:
  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

Best Regards,
Felix