Re: RFS: jgit and eclipse-egit 2.3.1-1 (reupload into unstable) - [ITS]

On 05/05/2013 12:50 AM, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Dear java packagers,
>
> since the ice of Wheezy freeze is starting to melt finally, I'd like to
> ask for a reupload of some packages that have been waiting in experimental.
>
> For the start, I'm asking for an unstable upload of these two packages:
>
> jgit 2.3.1-1 [1]
> eclipse-egit 2.3.1-1 [2]
>
> Then please remove the versions in experimental.

Hi Jakub,

I will upload these into unstable.  One nice thing about arch:all
packages is they won't place a load on the buildds (at least not yet,
changes may be afoot in that department).  So we should be able to get
unstable updated in fairly short order.

Since there will be number of pkg-java packages that the team would like
to migrate, if anyone has ideas about how best to coordinate that for
team members who will need sponsored uploads, I'm all ears.  Perhaps an
ad-hoc wiki page or via IRC would be good alternatives to peppering the
list?

I don't believe we need to do anything special about removal from
experimental after bumping the Debian revision.  According to the
documentation of cruft-report on this page [3], the experimental
packages will be removed automatically once a newer version hits unstable.

Cheers,
tony

[3] http://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals