Re: debian/watch: uupdate or orig-tar.sh?

Hi Emmanuel,

Am 27.03.13 10:34, schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
I'm reviewing the watch files for the Apache Commons packages and I
noticed two styles, one using uupdate and the other calling the
debian/orig-tar.sh script.
What is the recommended practice?

I recommend orig-tar.sh because I've invented the name but probably not the underlying idea. Uupdate is from the old age where version control systems have not been used for Debian packages and BSD folks told us that CVS is the perfect technology for that. ;-)

Cheers,
Torsten