Re: openjdk maintenance for wheezy and squeeze

Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> schrieb:
>> I'm not familiar with the Java internals, but if we're following that approach
>> it would make sense to upgrade Wheezy to the version in experimental
>> (i.e. 7u15 instead of 7u3).
>
> I won't upload this myself. IcedTea 7-2.3 uses two hotspot versions, one for the
> zero ports, one for the hotspot runtimes. From my point of view it would be good
> to update to a 7-2.[45] with a unified hotspot version capable to build both
> zero and hotspot, and keep the current 7-2.1.x for now.

(I'm not familiar with icedtea development policies and I don't use Java except
for freecol. My only interest is avoiding future security disasters for
stable-security.)

What are the effective consequences for openjdk-7 in Wheezy? Will only the branch
in experimental be supported with future releases or both?

Are there currently security fixes missing in unstable in comparison to experimental?

Cheers,
        Moritz