Re: Frustration with trying to build Debian packages from Maven-based sources

Le 22/03/2013 09:22, Thomas Koch a écrit :

> However I'm not sure whether a source.jar produced by maven can be used to
> build a Debian package. I assume that generated java code from tools like
> protobuf or jflex is included in the source.jar? We don't want generated
> source code but the "real" source files written by humans. Are those files,
> the protobuf and jflex definition files included in a source.jar?

That's correct. Commons Configuration generates a parser with JavaCC and
the grammar files aren't included in the source jar published in the
Maven repository.

http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=commons-configuration/commons-configuration/1.9/commons-configuration-1.9-sources.jar

Currently the main usage of the source artifacts is to let you see in
your IDE the code of the dependencies you imported into your project.

Maybe a new type of artifact should be invented to let anyone build the
project, something like a *-build.jar containing the complete project
structure. That would unify the debian/watch files of all the Maven
based packages.

Emmanuel Bourg