Re: Too old JRE/JDK in repos

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:40:41AM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> I certainly share your concern that there aren't more active maintainers
> for openjdk in Debian.  I have the same concern for the other packages
> maintained by the Java Team.  It would be great to have (at least) 20
> additional active DDs and DMs focused on the numerous challenges related
> to Java in Debian.

This is probably where I should stand up...

I am this guy here:
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Stefan%2BDebian%40dn-kr.de
and I have been lurking here for quite a while.

Which "numerous challenges" are there concerning java in debian? I am
trying to gather some time every week for packaging software for Debian.
I might be able to help a bit.

Stefan

--
Ein Virus fuer Windows/ActiveX waere dasselbe, wie wenn man eine
Sabotage sabotieren wuerde. (Timo Fuchs in de.comm.internet.misc)