Re: resolving maven dependencies

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
Mathieu Malaterre:
> > If there are jars in /usr/share/java which are not also present in
> > /usr/share/maven-repo then this is most likely an issue of the respective
> > Debian package. Please fill a bug against the debian package in this case
> > so that somebody can update the package to provide maven artifacts.
>
> That's the whole point. Maven is not part of the requirements from
> Debian Java policy.
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/
>
> There is absolutely no requirement for a packager to include the maven
> stuff within a java package AFAIK.

Ok. Let this be a wishlist bug. I did not want to say that this would be a bug
in the package (I justed the word "issue"). But if somebody does the work it
is most likely that the java library can be updated to provide the maven
artifacts.

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Leaving policies and politics aside, what would be the right way to solve this?

What are the rules mh_make wants (asks for) when it finds necessary jars from /usr/share/java?
Running mh_make --from-svn=https://xslthl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xslthl/tags/xslthl-2.1.0
This dependency cannot be found in the Debian Maven repository. Ignore this dependency?
  saxon:saxon:jar:[6.5,7.0]
y/[n] > n
> dpkg --search /usr/share/maven-repo/saxon/saxon
dpkg failed to execute successfully
> apt-file search /usr/share/maven-repo/saxon/saxon
> dpkg --search /usr/share/java/saxon.jar
Found libsaxon-java
[error] Package libsaxon-java does not contain Maven dependency saxon:saxon:jar:[6.5,7.0] but there seem to be a match
If the package contains already Maven artifacts but the names don't match, try to enter a substitution rule
of the form s/groupId/newGroupId/ s/artifactId/newArtifactId/ jar s/version/newVersion/ here:

Or, perhaps, I can/shall solve these dependencies when packaging by adding some
mh_installpoms/mh_installjars commands into debian/rules?

Br,
Eugene