Re: Request for DM upload rights for maven-{debian|repo}-helper

On 03/07/2013 08:18 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 07:44:11PM -0800, tony mancill a écrit :

>>> Hi Thomas,
>>>
>>> it has been a lot of time that you are contributing to Debian.  Have
>>> you considered applying as a Debian Developer ?
>>>
>>> In the meantime, if the only reason that you do not have dm-upload permissions
>>> is that there are not enough active people on this list to give them to you, I
>>> can run the dcut command.
>>>
>>> Would there be objections ?
>>
>> As a regular sponsor of Thomas' packaging efforts, no objection from me.
>>  (And I'm willing to do grant the permissions as well.)
>
> Great !  I think that it would make more sense that you grant the permissions,
> if you would like to monitor the packages from your qa page, where they will be
> listed.
>
> Would you consider advocating Thomas as well ?  If not, I will.  I have
> interacted with Thomas through his work on packages needed by the Eucalyptus
> cloud system, and his patience was exemplary.  On the thread on
> debian-newmaint@l.d.o, I see only positive appreciations, and I think that the
> lack of direct coworkers for advocating him reflects lack of manpower and
> rather underline that we really need him to become a DD :)

I agree entirely.  The dcut has been issued.

It sounds like you have had plenty of interaction with him to advocate
him right away - so please do if you will.  Otherwise, I'll email with
Thomas regarding advocacy.  (I'm not subscribed to debian-newmaint, so I
didn't realize that he had applied.)

Thank you,
tony