Re: Request for DM upload rights for maven-{debian|repo}-helper

Le Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 07:44:11PM -0800, tony mancill a écrit :
> On 03/07/2013 03:18 PM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Le Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:44:28AM +0100, Thomas Koch a écrit :
> >> after a missing dependency of a wrong user input
> >>  - make the code cleaner so that it's possible to debug errors or add features
> >>
> >> In case you'd like to give me dm-upload permissions you can use dput-ng from
> >> unstable:
> >>
> >> dcut dm --uid "thomas@koch.ro" --allow maven-debian-helper \
> >>         --allow maven-repo-helper
> >
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > it has been a lot of time that you are contributing to Debian.  Have
> > you considered applying as a Debian Developer ?
> >
> > In the meantime, if the only reason that you do not have dm-upload permissions
> > is that there are not enough active people on this list to give them to you, I
> > can run the dcut command.
> >
> > Would there be objections ?
>
> As a regular sponsor of Thomas' packaging efforts, no objection from me.
>  (And I'm willing to do grant the permissions as well.)

Great !  I think that it would make more sense that you grant the permissions,
if you would like to monitor the packages from your qa page, where they will be
listed.

Would you consider advocating Thomas as well ?  If not, I will.  I have
interacted with Thomas through his work on packages needed by the Eucalyptus
cloud system, and his patience was exemplary.  On the thread on
debian-newmaint@l.d.o, I see only positive appreciations, and I think that the
lack of direct coworkers for advocating him reflects lack of manpower and
rather underline that we really need him to become a DD :)

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan