Re: Replacing openjdk-6 with gcj-jdk as default java for mips{,el}

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 09:10:13AM +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 11/13/2013 12:29 AM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > I have finally been able to fix openjdk-7 on mips and mipsel. It was a problem of ugly casts done without taking care of alignement issues. See bug #729448 for more details.
> >
> > With the patch from the bug report applied, I was able to get a fairly decent testsuite result on both mips and mipsel (see below), comparable to the other architectures using zero and for which the testsuite is not disabled.
>
> That's an odd patch.  Is there a discussion of this somewhere, or can
> we take this discussion to the Debian Java List only?  I'd like to get
> this fixed upstream.

No this patch hasn't been discussed so far, so feel free to continue the
discussion to the Debian Java List only, but please keep me in Cc: as I
am not subscribed to it.

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73