openjdk-7 for kfreebsd (was: Replacing openjdk-6 with gcj-jdk as default java for mips{,el})

> On 11/13/2013 12:29 AM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> I have finally been able to fix openjdk-7 on mips and mipsel.

Brilliant!

On 13/11/13 09:10, Andrew Haley wrote:
> That's an odd patch.

FWIW it looks right to me that something like this would trigger SIGBUS
when hotspot is run during mips(el) builds or possibly sparc.

> I'd like to get
> this fixed upstream.

Debian Java maintainers might also insist on that, before considering
openjdk-7 as default java.

Sorry to jump in on a thread about mips, but on kfreebsd we are also
looking to switch to openjdk-7 as soon as possible.  And we were advised
to send our patches upstream also.  I'd appreciate any advice on how to
go about doing that.

Ideally we could consistently have openjdk-7 as default on all of
Debian's release arches and be moving *away* from gcj-jdk.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org