Re: tomcat8 review

On Sun, 10. Nov 18:39 Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
[...]
> We may have to put Easymock 3.x in a new package (or spin-off the
> existing package as a new libeasymock2-java package and then upgrade
> to 3.x).

That is surely one alternative. Though now there is also the opportunity to
reduce the maintenance burden in the long run. When Jessie freezes
next year, Easymock 2.5.2 will be five years old. I suggest we fix the
the issues in wagon, wagon2 and maven-plugin-testing and move forward.

It seems in maven-plugin-testing only one file is affected. There is
also a new upstream version available. The bugs in wagon and wagon2
look similar which comes to no real surprise. If it turns out that they
are too hard to fix, we can always disable the affected parts of the
test suite.

Regards,

Markus