gradle

I'm working through the Spring 3.2.x packaging which uses the build
tool - gradle. Also, one of Spring's dependencies is using it
[Hibernate 4] along with gradle itself and groovy.

It's definitely increasing in popularity with open source java
projects. I think it may have the necessary traction to attract more
projects to it. This means Debian java maintainers will increasingly
need to package projects which use it as their build tool.

I wondered if there should be some tooling created to support it much
like the Ant and Maven helper utilities that exist already?

For instance, I'm finding with Spring that modifying the dependencies
to point to debian versions means I'm having to modify the
build.gradle script heavily. This could cause more work in the future
if the build script is modified and the patches don't refresh cleanly.
Using Maven helper utilities means a regex search/replace in a
separate config file. These simple utilities could save a lot of time.

Is anyone working on something like that or if not where would be the
best place to start designing and implementing some utilities?

Cheers

Stephen