Re: Gradle 1.5 and beyond

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 08:35:10AM +0100, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> I prepared Gradle 1.5 but didn't push the upload yet as I'm unable to
> verify if it works properly beyond merely compiling. If it looks good to
> you please go ahead and upload it to unstable. I tried to upgrade
> further to 1.6 and beyond but the package failed to build and I've been
> unable to figure out why.

A good way to test if this package is OK is to build it with itself
and check if it is able to build Groovy 2.1.x as well. I'll take a
look at it but not now. I can check it after I return from my vacations
in two weeks or so.

> As I understand we need both Groovy 1.x and Groovy 2.x in Debian, do you
> think it would be possible to install them simultaneously?

I'm not convinced we need a new package groovy2. I suspect most
packages depending on groovy 1.8.x can be migrated to 2.x but I need
to do some testing first.

> Regarding Tomcat 8, I asked for comments but nobody has been available
> and/or interested so far. I haven't request an upload yet as it's still
> a release candidate. Feel free to jump in and help.

Sure, I'll let you know if/when I start to review it and to test it.

> PS: Congratulations for completing the NM process :)

Thanks!!! :)

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/