Re: ${java:Depends} and ${misc:Depends}

Hi,

I am no expert but I believe it is like this:
both are variables filled during packaging build and replaced when
creating the package. IIRC the content is stored in special files within
your build directory.

{misc:Depends} is filled by some debhelper/javahelper scripts with
things needed for the result of their work within the final package. I
can't come up with a good example but a theoretical would be, if the
dh_-script compresses your files it could add a depend to a
decompression package.
{java:Depends} collects the libraries required by your java package
(probably filled by ja_build).

Best regards

Ben