Re: RFS: javax.persistence/2.1.0.v201304241213-1

Hi Andrew,

I reviewed the package and it looks good.

One minor detail, since you used javahelper the debug symbols are not
included by default in the compiled classes as required by the Java
policy (we really need a lintian check to detect this). That's not
critical for JPA since it mostly consists in interfaces.

The maintenance isn't assigned to the Debian Java Maintainers, is this
intentional?

Regarding the name of the package, maybe something like libjpa2.1-java
or jpa-2.1-spec would be more in line with the other JEE spec packages
already in Debian (like libservlet3.0-java or portlet-api-2.0-spec).

> I looked at packaging the Geronimo spec for JPA2.1 but it seems they
> haven't released one, so this is the spec which needs to be used I think.

It seems it will be included in the next release of Geronimo:

There is a a patch attached that adds the JPA 2.1 methods.

Emmanuel Bourg