Re: Upgrading visualvm/netbeans

On 12.08.2013 23:55, Andrew Ross wrote:
[...]
> Hi Markus,
>
> That sounds great. I've pushed my work on those packages to the git
> repositories at:
>
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/jnlp-servlet.git
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/snakeyaml.git
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/testng.git (on a new branch,
> version6-package)
> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/libnb-platform17-java.git
>
> I had a quick look and there's certainly some more needs doing, at least
> in the first three packages, in order to get them release suitable (it
> looks like I've not always written descriptions for example). Please get
> in touch with any questions.

Hi Andy,

I had a go at those packages, here is a short summary:

jnlp-servlet: (created a new branch review)

- added
 + a new package description
 + Vcs-fields
 + watch file
- compat level 9, debhelper 9
- add java team as new maintainer

The package builds fine. It should close the ITP bug and the patch still
needs a DEP-3 header.

snakeyaml: (created a new branch review)

- added
 + watch file
 + improved the package description
- dropped maven.cleanIgnoreRules (file was empty)
- removed versioned dependencies from build-deps (trivially
  satisfied in Debian)
- some minor clean ups.

There is a newer upstream version available.

The package builds fine.

Lintian says: snakeyaml source: source-contains-hg-tags-file .hgtags

testng (committed to branch version6-package)

The package FTBFS because the documentation is not built / not
installed. I have made some small changes to debian/control:

- removed versioned dependencies
- updated to canonical VCS-URI.
- wrap-and-sort -sa

libnb-platform17-java (created a new branch review)

The package does not build. (probably because of the missing testng 6.8
dependency)

Again I have made some small changes to debian/control, removed
versioned dependencies, used canonical VCS-URI and bumped the compat
level to 9.

I think debian/rules could be simplified but that needs a closer look
and more testing.

So in short the two former packages are almost ready to be released. I
think I would package the latest upstream release of snakeyaml but all
in all they look quite nice.

The other two packages deserve a closer look.

Please feel free to merge, cherry-pick or discard every commit. So far

Regards,

Markus