Re: changing the java default to java7, and dropping java support for some architectures

On 14.05.2013 16:02, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Am 13.05.2013 19:07, schrieb Markus Koschany:
>> Hi,
>>
>> most of these bugs for the java7 transition are only severity "normal" and
>> not all packages are maintained within the Java Team. Wouldn't it be better
>> to raise the severity to "serious" now?
>>
>> I believe i can help in fixing some of them by preparing a minimal NMU or
>> Team upload. Do you have any preferences in how this should be done or
>> shall interested people request sponsorship on the list as usual?
>
> could you just start doing that (raising the severities) and providing fixes?

It seems we changed the severity at the same. :)

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=openjdk-7-transition;users=ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

James Page has already provided patches for most of these bugs. I intend
to apply and test them for packages which are maintained within the Java
Team. If nobody objects i will then advertise these "ready to upload"
packages here.

http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Sponsors/Queue

Cheers,

Markus