Re: Beginner's Question on Java Security Fixes

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Markus Karg wrote:

> While programming for more than 25 years (more than a decade with Java SE /
> EE), I am still a beginner with Debian. So please don’t mind my possibly
> stupid question: Looking at all the security fixes that Oracle provides, I
> wonder how I can see what of these fixes are contained in Debian? I mean,
> for example, Oracle’s latest security fix was 7u21. Where can I see which
> version of Debian’s openjdk-7-jre package reflects that particular fixes, or
> whether these are contained in Debian at all?

The general answer here is to look at the security tracker page for
the source package:

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/openjdk-7

If the page is incorrect, it needs to be updated:

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/data/report

You can see here which versions of openjdk-7 are included in Debian:

http://packages.debian.org/src:openjdk-7
http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openjdk-7.html

--
bye,