Re: I'd like to introduce myself

On 2013-02-21 15:32, tony mancill wrote:
> On 02/19/2013 12:58 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>> [...]
>>> For (2), I see benefit in java-package generating a Provides line that
>>> is similar to what is generated by the openjdk-6 and openjdk-7 packages.
>>
>> I'll try to do that, or at least add java<n-1>-runtime and
>> java<n-2>-runtime to the list.
>>

>>> The Java Policy [1] is outdated in this area, so it's useful to have
>>> this discussion.
>>
>> What is the process to get the policy updated?
>
> That is a good question - one that I don't know the answer to.  Niels
> may care to comment (or I may badger him about it via private email once
> the release is done).
>
> Cheers,
> tony

Hey,

Sorry for the long delay on this.

Updates to the java policy is usually done by filing a bug against
java-common.  If needed we will debate it on d-java@l.d.o (the bug
itself will end on this list).  Once we are happy with the change and
someone has written a patch against java-common, we'll commit it and it
will be in effect with the next upload of java-common.

~Niels