http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Platform_Build

Thanks,
Markus

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
On 2013-02-18 10:53, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2013-02-18 10:24, Thomas Koch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi,
>
>> I've looked into the eclipse-wtp package, learned about the jh_* helpers for
>> eclipse and tried to apply them to the wtp-jsf plugin. Some questions:
>>
>> - The JST project comes in an SDK and non SDK version. Which one should I
>> package?
>>

> Not familiar with the particular case, but I know we have a couple of
> eclipse plugin sources building both a "normal" and a "-sdk" binary.  So
> possibly "both". :)
>
>> - Do you know a good tutorial on how the eclipse plugins build work?
>>

> I cannot remember if there is anything in the javahelper tutorial, but
> the basic flow is this.  Setup[, symlink system "orbit" depends], build
> features (repeat as needed), install and clean.
>
>  [...]
>
> Examples include eclipse-rse (uses orbit deps) and eclipse-mylyn (uses
> some already packaged eclipse plugins).
>
>> - I believe it should be possible to write a tool that automatically writes
>> the debian/eclipse.features file. That means resolving the dependencies
>> between features of the package and finding the external dependency features
>> of each feature to package. Do you agree? Do you think it'd make sense to try
>> this?
>>

> It should be doable - at the very least you should be able to get a list
> of possible features to build.  (pde-build has code for finding
> features).  I think it could be a nice addition even if it cannot be
> used for automated building.
>   It might even suggest a eclipse.environment file for when the default
> (I think "org.eclipse.*") does not suffice.
>
> [...]
>> - Has anybody tried to get patches included in eclipse? The pde-build script
>> looks like it could use some cleanup...
>>

> [...]

Hi (again),

I just got reminded today that Eclipse is working on changing their
build system to something based on Maven (for better or for worse)[1].
  Notably, LinuxTools upstream have closed a lot of their outstanding
bugs around their build scripts as WONTFIX because of this.  So it is
entirely possible that pde-build will be retired in Eclipse 4 and most
of my knowledge here is obsolete... :)

~Niels

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI