Re: git-buildpackage automatically signs + other questions

Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:

> Felix Natter:
>> hi,

hi Thomas,

>> finally I've imported the source, slightly updated the wiki and fixed
>> the patches for freeplane-1.2.20, but I have some questions:
> It seems that your source tarball contains .class files. Could you please push
> your git repo to github (or somewhere else) for review?

Is there anything that speaks against pushing to git.debian.org
directly? I can update this repo with new upstream versions using
git-import-orig, right?
Of course I will push to github if there's any benefit!

Just to make sure I don't break anything on git.debian.org:

$ ~/Freeplane-Debian-Package/freeplane(master u+7)$ git remote show origin
* remote origin
  Fetch URL: git+ssh://fnatter-guest@git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/freeplane.git
  Push  URL: git+ssh://fnatter-guest@git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/freeplane.git
  HEAD branch: master
  Remote branch:
    master tracked
  Local branch configured for 'git pull':
    master merges with remote master
  Local ref configured for 'git push':
    master pushes to master (fast-forwardable)

=> I can easily push the master branch:
 $ git push --tags

but concerning the 'pristine-tar' and 'upstream' branches, is this correct:
 $ <stash ...>
 $ git checkout upstream
 $ git push -u --tags origin upstream
and:
 $ git checkout pristine-tar
 $ git push -u --tags origin pristine-tar

or is there an easier way?

>> - I think I should use rhino instead of librhino-java and fop instead of
>>   libfop-java (rhino depends on librhino-java and fop depends on
>>   libfop-java)?
> I don't think so. Most certainly lib*-java contains the .jar file that you
> need to depend on. You should only depend on packages you really need. The fop
> package contains the exectuable for fop but your package presumably only needs
> the java library (.jar).

Ok, makes sense :-)

BTW: do you want me to CC: you? I am subscribed to debian-java so please
don't CC: me.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter