git-buildpackage automatically signs + other questions

hi,

finally I've imported the source, slightly updated the wiki and fixed
the patches for freeplane-1.2.20, but I have some questions:

- I thought git-buildpackage (without arguments) would be used to build
  intermediate versions of packages? In my case it attempts to sign the
  package (for upload?):
[...]
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 80_no_update_check.patch
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 70_skip_bugreport.patch
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 60_no_license_latex.patch
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 50_no_copy_files.patch
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 40_no_winmac.patch
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 20_freeplane_sh.patch
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 15_libraries_manifest.patch
dpkg-source: info: unapplying 10_libraries_properties.patch
dpkg-buildpackage: full upload (original source is included)
Now signing changes and any dsc files...
 signfile freeplane_1.2.20-1.dsc Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net>
gpg: skipped "Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net>": secret key not available
gpg: /tmp/debsign.1i8GMaZw/freeplane_1.2.20-1.dsc: clearsign failed: secret key not available
debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....
debuild: fatal error at line 1278:
running debsign failed
gbp:error: Couldn't run 'debuild -i -I': debuild -i -I returned 25

- is it ok to always run git-buildpackage with --git-ignore-new?  (my
  problem is that there is always an untracked ".pc" directory from
  quilt)

- the first time I run git-buildpackage on a repo everything is fine
  (aside from the sign issue). But if I execute a second time, I get:
[...]
dpkg-source -i -I -b freeplane
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building freeplane using existing ./freeplane_1.2.20.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org/freeplane
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org/freeplane/plugin
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org/freeplane/plugin/script
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org/freeplane/plugin/script/NodeIdHighLighter$1$1.class
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org/freeplane/plugin/script/NodeIdHighLighter.class
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org/freeplane/plugin/script/NodeIdHighLighter$Status.class
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file freeplane_plugin_script/build-nodehighlighter/org/freeplane/plugin/script/NodeIdHighLighter$1.class
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_framework/launcher_build
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_framework/launcher_build/org
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_framework/launcher_build/org/freeplane
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory freeplane_framework/launcher_build/org/freeplane/launcher
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file freeplane_framework/launcher_build/org/freeplane/launcher/Launcher.class
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to freeplane_plugin_script/lib/jsyntaxpane/nodehighlighter.jar: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add freeplane_plugin_script/lib/jsyntaxpane/nodehighlighter.jar in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: unrepresentable changes to source
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i -I -b freeplane gave error exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1357:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -I failed
gbp:error: Couldn't run 'debuild -i -I': debuild -i -I returned 29

=> I did a "dquilt pop -a" before
=> do I need to execute a "clean" in between?

- I guess I can safely push my changes? Shouldn't be a problem to use
  git-import-orig as soon as freeplane 1.2.21 (or 1.2.22) is released?

- I think I should use rhino instead of librhino-java and fop instead of
  libfop-java (rhino depends on librhino-java and fop depends on
  libfop-java)?

Many Thanks!
--
Felix Natter