Re: use of json.org in biojava3-ws

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I'd call this an "over-picky" interpretation of something that rather
> qualifies as a joke rather than a license which can be dealt with in
> court (disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, just try to apply common sense.)
>
> I'd like to answer this kind of joke at maximum by a comment in
> debian/copyright and simply define that using Debian is per definition
> not evil (which solves you second problem of a missing definition to
> some extend.)
>
> Did anybody discussed this at debian-legal or with ftpmaster?

This license pops up on debian-legal quite a bit over the years, in
every case the debian-legal participants agreed it is non-free.

Google consider it non-free enough to reject it from Google Code.

The definition of "evil" is subjective and could refer to anything,
including the production of Debian itself.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise