Need help with packaging: what helper should be used (MavenBuilder / JavaHelper)?

Hi,

as a prerequisite for some other packages I need to package options.
I've got this lib via mail from the author (no website so far but I
asked for it.)  I just uploaded it here:

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/options/

Regarding packaging I tried two approaches:

  1. MavenBuilder[1]
     The Wiki page looks a bit outdated (last change 2010-04-10)
     and "TODO: we should support dh in the future" refering to
     a 2.5 year old DebConf talk.

     After copying the suggested rules file including

      JAVA_HOME := /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk

     The build ended up very quickly saying:

      You must specify a valid JAVA_HOME or JAVACMD!

     Hmmm ...  Any hint what might be wrong here?

     I uploaded the debian/ dir I used to the URL above
     in debian_using_mavenbuilder/ as well as the
     according build log *.build_using_mavenbuilder.

  2. JavaHelper[2]
     This went a bit further in the build - however it seems
     I did not managed to patch the build.xml properly because
     jdom1.jar is obviosely not found.  To make this work I
     probably need a hint how to build the lib correctly using
     Debian packaged jdom1.jar.  I uploaded the debian/ dir
     as debian_using_javahelper/ and the build log as
     *.build_using_javahelper

I'd like to choose the build method which I get working first.
Any help is welcome.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Java/MavenBuilder