Re: Questions about simplyhtml[-freeplane] package

Eric Lavarde <deb@zorglub.s.bawue.de> writes:

> Hi,

hello Eric,

> On 24/11/12 11:42, Felix Natter wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I am in the process of building the freeplane 1.2.20 package (in
>> collaboration with Cédric Pineau) and since freeplane needs a different
>> version of simplyhtml than freemind does, I am building a
>> simplyhtml-freeplane package (based on the existing simplyhtml package).
> Not sure this is the right approach... You're duplicating work possibly
> without need. You should rather check if Freemind really doesn't work with
> the new version of simplyhtml, and potentially ask upstream-FreeMind to
> upgrade (Christian Foltin knows me).

Unfortunately, simplyhtml 0.16.05 requires Java5, while freemind
only requires Java4. This is because I implemented an approximate string
matching algorithm for freeplane (using enums, thus requiring Java5)
and included the source code for it in simplyhtml (to be able to use
approximate string matching in simplyhtml too).
In another commit "Paste as plain-text" I also used enums because we
already required Java5.
=> so I think we need a separate package simplyhtml-freeplane unless
   freemind switches to Java5 (which will most probably not happen for
   1.0) :-/

>> What I did (source can be downloaded using link at the end of this mail):
>>
>> - adapted debian/changelog (new version, my email)
>>
>> - adapted debian/control (new package names, is the version number only
>>    in debian/rules?)
>>
>> - adapted debian/rules (VERSION=0.16.05)
>>
>> Problems:
>>
>> - make -f debian/rules get-orig-source doesn't work.
>>    - debian/watch
>>    (http://sf.net/simplyhtml/SimplyHTML_src_(\d+[._]\d+[._]\d+)\.tar.gz)
>>     seems to be wrong, the real download link is:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplyhtml/files/stable/SimplyHTML_src_0_16_05.tar.gz/download
> The man page of uscan reads:
>        # qa.debian.org runs a redirector which allows a simpler form of URL
>        # for SourceForge based projects. The format below will
> automatically
>        # be rewritten to use the redirector.
> Now, I don't know why uscan shouldn't work... What does it exactly say with
> the original watch file?

no error, but it doesn't seem to download anything (no
simplyhtml_*.tar.gz in the tree):

$ make -f debian/rules get-orig-source
if [ -f /home/felix/doks/freeplane/Debian-Package/simplyhtml-freeplane/simplyhtml-freeplane/debian/changelog ]; then \
	if [ -d /home/felix/doks/freeplane/Debian-Package/simplyhtml-freeplane/simplyhtml-freeplane/../tarballs ]; then \
	uscan --destdir /home/felix/doks/freeplane/Debian-Package/simplyhtml-freeplane/simplyhtml-freeplane/../tarballs --repack --rename ;\
	else \
	uscan --repack --rename ;\
	fi; \
	echo "Use a command like the following to create a binary free (DFSG) source file:";\
	echo "gunzip -c simplyhtml_0.13.1.orig.tar.gz | tar --delete --wildcards -vf - ./lib/\* ./api | gzip -c > simplyhtml_0.13.1+dfsg.orig.tar.gz";\
	else \
	echo "The get-orig-source uses 'uscan' and works only if 'debian/changelog' is in the current directory.";\
	fi
Use a command like the following to create a binary free (DFSG) source file:
gunzip -c simplyhtml_0.13.1.orig.tar.gz | tar --delete --wildcards -vf - ./lib/\* ./api | gzip -c > simplyhtml_0.13.1+dfsg.orig.tar.gz

=> shall I ask on debian-mentors?

>> - ran dpkg-buildpackage:
>> dpkg-buildpackage: source package simplyhtml-freeplane
>> dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.16.05
>> dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Felix Natter<fnatter@gmx.net>
>> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
>>   dpkg-source --before-build simplyhtml-freeplane
>>   fakeroot debian/rules clean
>> test -x debian/rules
>> dh_testroot
>> rmdir src
>> dh_clean
>> cd src&&  /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -classpath /usr/share/ant/lib/ant.jar:/usr/share/ant/lib/ant-launcher.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/lib/tools.jar  -Dant.home=/usr/share/ant org.apache.tools.ant.Main -Dcompile.debug=true -Dcompile.optimize=true    -propertyfile /tmp/simplyhtml-freeplane/simplyhtml-freeplane/debian/ant.properties clean
>> /bin/sh: 1: cd: can't cd to src
>> make: [clean] Error 2 (ignored)
>> rm -f debian/stamp-ant-build
>> rm -f simplyhtml.1
>> rm -f simplyhtml
>> rm -fr bin
>>   dpkg-source -b simplyhtml-freeplane
>> dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no upstream tarball found at ../simplyhtml-freeplane_0.16.05.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b simplyhtml-freeplane gave error exit status 255
>>
>> =>  I copied SimplyHTML_src_0_16_05.tar.gz (built from git on the right
>> tag) to simplyhtml-freeplane_0.16.05.orig.tar.gz
>>
>> =>  also note "/bin/sh: 1: cd: can't cd to src"!
>>
>> - one patch doesn't apply, I deleted it with "quilt delete
>>    10_build_xml.patch" (will add it again later), I ran dpkg-buildpackage again:
> It all sounds very wrong indeed. I guess, but it's only a guess, that
> something is wrong with your overall setup rather than with the package. I
> would suggest that you try first to build the original package 1.1.3 using
> svn-buildpackage, and once you've managed this, upgrade to the next
> SimplyHTML version.

I did this:
- svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/simplyhtml
- cd simplyhtml
- dpkg-buildpackage

and indeed I get:

dpkg-buildpackage: Quellpaket simplyhtml
dpkg-buildpackage: Quellversion 0.13.1-3
dpkg-buildpackage: Quellen geändert durch Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc>
dpkg-buildpackage: Host-Architektur i386
 dpkg-source --before-build simplyhtml
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
test -x debian/rules
dh_testroot
rmdir src
dh_clean
cd src && /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -classpath /usr/share/ant/lib/ant.jar:/usr/share/ant/lib/ant-launcher.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/lib/tools.jar  -Dant.home=/usr/share/ant org.apache.tools.ant.Main -Dcompile.debug=true -Dcompile.optimize=true    -propertyfile /tmp/simplyhtml/debian/ant.properties clean
/bin/sh: 1: cd: can't cd to src
make: [clean] Fehler 2 (ignoriert)
rm -f debian/stamp-ant-build
rm -f simplyhtml.1
rm -f simplyhtml
rm -fr bin
 dpkg-source -b simplyhtml
dpkg-source: Fehler: unmöglich, mit Quellformat »3.0 (quilt)« zu bauen: unter ../simplyhtml_0.13.1.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz} wurde kein Tarball der Originalautoren gefunden
dpkg-buildpackage: Fehler: Fehler-Exitstatus von dpkg-source -b
simplyhtml war 255

Building using "apt-get source simplyhtml" + dpkg-buildpackage works
(but without download of course).

I did a apt-get build-dep simplyhtml but nothing had to be installed.

So I tried using svn-buildpackage (according to:
http://svn-bp.alioth.debian.org/ch02.html#quick):
- svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/simplyhtml
- mkdir tarballs
- cp ... tarballs/simplyhtml_0.13.1.orig.tar.gz
- cd simplyhtml
- svn-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot

=> works, but without downloading anything :-)

> You'll need it anyway for the future, so see
> http://wiki.debian.org/Java/JavaSvn
>
> Hope this helps, if not come back to me,

Thanks and Best Regards!
--
Felix Natter