new package ghmessen

Hello,

I need some help for orientation.

I have written a java program and would like to maintain a debian

package for it.

The program

has a new mime file type,

some binary only 32bit libraries,

needs jna and some other java libraries,

is packaged with some java libraries for which I don't have the source but

am allowed to redistribute them.

The program has a desktop file and icons, too.

Is alioth the right place to put the package or should I use a different

server because of the binary only libraries?

Can I package everything together or do I need to break up the package.

Java standard packages will not be packaged with my program (such as

jna, javahelp2, rxtx-java, ...).

I would appreciate any help or pointers. I did rpm packaging and a did some

deb packaging but am unfamiliar with the repository infrastructure.

Thank you.

Bye,

Frank Schütte

fschuett@gymnasium-himmelsthuer.de