Re: various problems with XMP (closes: #605940, #605941)

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:57 AM, brian m. carlson
<sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:55:22AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>   Could you please confirm whether or not patches for #605940, #605941
>> can safely be removed from xmlgraphics-commons 1.5 ? Did you forward
>> issues upstream (link would be nice). Did they agree with your
>> proposed changes ?
>
> Do you have a package against which I can test?  As far as the patches,
> when I forward a bug upstream, I set the forwarded flag in the Debian
> BTS.  From the upstream BTS, it looks like the patch for 605941 has been
> accepted, and the other one is still pending; it looks like the Apache
> BTS didn't accept the comment I tried to email it.  I don't really have
> the time (or the desire) to learn how to write JUnit tests in order to
> satisfy upstream, so until someone does that, the latter patch will
> probably not go in and Debian will have to carry it.

I have uploaded fop 1.1 to experimental, you can give it a try to your
test suite. You'll need xmlgraphics-common, it is currently in NEW
queue, but you can find a copy here:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/xmlgraphics-commons

Thanks,